Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 11:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

unable to send login request e-mail

Anonymous

Anonymous
when i attempt to sign up as a new user on my new gl test site, i get an e-mail error reading: Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 not local host yahoo.com, not a gateway in C:Inetpubwwwrootgeekpublic_htmlusers.php on line 317 if i put in an address that is on that server it goes through. that tells me it is some type of permissions error or relay problem. i have my imail (windows 2000) server setup to relay for anyone.

rawdata

Forum User
Most hosts won't allow you to send mail through their servers unless you use a domain name that's hosted with them. This is to cut off spammers. Yahoo use to have some of the worst ones.

Anonymous

Anonymous
this is my own server. i have set relay for everyone to test and still no good. any suggestions??

rawdata

Forum User
You lost me. If you're running your own personal server why are you trying to send email through Yahoo? Anyway, if you're running your own, try going through your ISP's SMTP server. Some require SMTP authentication be set. Some ISPs will block outgoing email if it doesn't have their domain address. Mine provides us the option of using other domain names, but we have to personally contact them with the specific ones. I suspect others are the same way.

Anonymous

Anonymous
The yahoo account is the e-mail address that i used to test the account setup e-mail options. i cant use my isp because they dont allow relay. i think i just need to figure out my relay options on my smtp server. thanks!

falkon

Forum User
Junior
I am running Windows and Argosoft mail server with no problems. For security reasons, I have Argosoft set to require smtp authentication. I was able to bypass this for my geeklog mail by allowing relay with no smtp authentication for 127.0.0.1 (localhost). I dont know if this will help your problem or not but thought I would throw it out there. Have you checked the Imail site for help? Argosoft has a Usenet newsgroup, I posted my problem there and had my answer within 15 miuntes. You might check to see if there is a newsgroup covering Imail. Good luck to ya, Richard

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content