Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 04:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Stories Posting and Editing

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello: Thanks for the voice GL:-)) All has been well but lately I've been having problems with posted stories. When a user posts a story all seems well, but when admin tries to edit it (change where it is displayed) the story dissapears. It still exists in the list of stories in the stories admin module but will not display under the topic? Also As admin I can create a story but the story does not become available under the topic. Although it is listed under the stories admin module? Thank you for your help.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Things to check: - Is the draft flag set on these stories? - Is the date and time correct? In Geeklog, you can create stories with a posting date in the future. Those stories will not be visible on the site until that date is reached. bye, Dirk

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Also check that both anonymous and members have read permission (found on the bottom of the admin story edit page) on the stories. -Vinny

Anonymous

Anonymous
I believe you are quite right re the time issue. I installed the "Time Zone Hack" and now the server time and posting time aren't syncronized. Solved it by setting the date back 1 day. Thank You (both) yet again.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content