Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Changing Default User Settings

nick333

Anonymous
How/Is there a way to change the defualt user setting to include a custom group that I made.

Anonymous

Anonymous
No, the software doesn't do that, and I'm not sure why you would want to. The purpose of groups is to restrict info in some way. By default, everyone belongs to the Users Group. If you want everyone to have access to the info from this group you created, all you have to do is set the permissions to allow "members" and "anoymous" to read. If you want everyone to be able to modify this information too, then set the group to "Users" and give the Group read and write access.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm asking what piece of the coding would I have to change to add my own group to be one of the default groups, which all users and logged-in users are now. If anybody knows how to do this, or if it is possible let me know.

Anonymous

Anonymous
To have a checkmark show up in the box next to your group's name as a default in the User Editor, you need to edit the user.php file. In the function edituser, add another selected line after these two for your group. $selected = DB_getItem($_TABLES['groups'],'grp_id',"grp_name='All Users'"Wink . ' '; $selected .= DB_getItem($_TABLES['groups'],'grp_id',"grp_name='Logged-in Users'"Wink;

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content