Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 10:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

New User Password Email

Magc8Ball

Forum User
It seems like this question has been asked before, but I've not seen a pertinent answer, so I'll ask it again. I've gone through all the various documentation and sites, and haven't found anything to solve this. So, here goes. When new users register at my site, they do not recieve the password-containing welcome email. However, when I use the "send email" feature in the board, the mail goes through. This indicates, if I'm getting it right, that the php mail() command is working correctly. I'm wondering if there's any known way of dealing with this. Relevant stuff: -Server is running Redhat 7.3, PHP4 (not sure which rev). The site's on phpwebhosting.com, site URL is http://maringaming.magc8ball.com Thanks, all. If this gets answered, it should probably go in the troubleshooting FAQ, seems like alot of people have it.

Magc8Ball

Forum User
Just to let y'all know, this was solved with the help of the IRC chatroom. Simply re-upload a fresh copy of users.php from the archive file, and that should solve the problem. Worked for me, at least. Thanks, -JAL

Anonymous

Anonymous
A fresh upload of users.php didn't work for me...

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content