Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 02:35 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

How to configure GD on Windows XP php 4.3.1?

vbgunz

Forum User
This is all in regard to getting 4images to work with Geeklog seemlessy (even thumbnails).From feeling really cold on this I feel a little better knowing php 4.3.1 has native support for GD... OK, I am trying to tackle it again but I am being faced with this error when trying to access the Auto-Thumbnailer or Auto-Image-Resizer in the Admin control panel...--------GD library error.Check module settings.--------Under settings in the 4image admin control panel I have tried setting a system path (c:etc) to the php, cli, dlls, extensions, mibs, openssl, etc... Nothing Works... I looked for the official site behind GD and found nothing really good so I went to php.net and found this script...-------<?phpvar_dump(gd_info());/* Typical Output==============array(9) {["GD Version"]=>string(24) "bundled (2.0 compatible)"["FreeType Support"]=>bool(false)["T1Lib Support"]=>bool(false)["GIF Read Support"]=>bool(true)["GIF Create Support"]=>bool(false)["JPG Support"]=>bool(false)["PNG Support"]=>bool(true)["WBMP Support"]=>bool(true)["XBM Support"]=>bool(false)}*/?>-------But it keeps pulling back a fatal error...-------Fatal error: Call to undefined function: gd_info() in C:Serverwwwgd.php on line 2-------I guess though I might have native support I might have to activate it... I looked into the php.ini file and found the following...-------;extension=php_gd.dll;extension=php_gd2.dll-------When I removed the ";" I got nothing but "Function Registration Failed - duplicate name..." errors...Can someone help me out on this one please...Thank you Smile
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

nurseryboy

Forum User
Chatty
Hello, Create a new php file and put just this in it: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Then view the page from the internet. Scroll down, and there should be a section on GD. You can see if GD is enabled and it should give you some more information about it. This won't make it work or anything, but it should give you an idea of what PHP is doing with it. Matthew

squatty

Forum User
Another option is to create a php page with this in it: <?php echo "php runs best on Linux or a Mac ;-)"; ?> Sorry...I just couldn't resist! Good luck!---Danny @ squatty.com
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Anonymous

Anonymous
I checked out my phpinfo page and I don't have anything with GD on it... So I guess its not just disabled but it doesn't even exist... Any more suggestions, ideas to get GD working with php on Windows? The GD and php sites are useless unless perhaps you wish to program in either project... I am just a user and would like to know how to enable GD on php for Windows... Any help, ideas, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance Smile

vbgunz

Forum User
I solved it... It seemed my problem was I kept uncommenting both GD & GD2... The solution was to *only* uncomment one of them...---Victor B. Gonzalez
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:35 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content