Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 01:30 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery/Geeklog Trouble

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello. I am running GL 1.3.7 with Gallery 1.3.3 and using the geeklog integration files published by jhughes. I am running a parallel install of Gallery so that my users can utilize the Windows XP Publishing Agent. These are installed on a RH 8 Server with Apache 2.0 and php 4.2.2. My problem is as follows: When a user logs into GL, they can click on the link I created to gallery. They can view any album and any picture, but they are not recognized as being logged in anymore. So they do not have the ability to add pictures to any album. So it is basically not passing user's login information from Geeklog to Gallery through the integration. Any ideas? Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

jlhughes

Forum User
I'm unclear on what you are trying. Are letting Geeklog users upload using the XP feature or using the built in Gallery upload? If you are having users log into Geeklog first, then you need to grant them access in Gallery to the specific albums. In an integrated site, Gallery permissions are set from Gallery but they use the Geeklog groups or Geeklog users (and Gallery's default EVERYBODY, NOBODY and LOGGEDIN). For instance, you can create a Geeklog group called PhotoEds. In Gallery, you can grant permission for PhotoEds to modify text in a specific album (including all sub albums if you want). Every PhotoEd member logged into the Geeklog site that visits the Gallery album will see the "captions" link. If, on the other hand, you are trying to allow users to upload with XP, then they have to log into Gallery through your parallel install, not through Geeklog. The user ids will have to be created in Gallery. The parallel install doesn't have access to the Geeklog user info (unless you want to hack something for that, but hat's beyond anything I've done).

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Just a quick note: you may want to upgrade to the most recent release of the geeklog/gallery integration from gplugs. The most recent version can be downloaded from thre (gallery_1.3.3_1.3.7r3.tar.gz).

-Vinny

Anonymous

Anonymous
I am sorry, I should have explained this a little better. I do not care how users upload pictures to Gallery. I just remember someone telling me that in order to use the XP Publishing Agent, I needed to do a parallel install of Gallery and share the same album directory. That part works fine. The problem is that after a user is logged into Geeklog, their login information is not being passed or retained when clicking on the Photos link, which goes to the geeklog integration part of gallery. So that way, nobody can even edit captions on the photos, which is a critical part of the photo album. Does this explain it better?

TechFan

Forum User
I just installed Gallery v1.3.4-cvs-b24 and geeklog (most recent). . .I made the mods in config.php and added the files to the documented locations. I then created a link (wish I could add it to the menu - probably can, but don't know it yet) and went to my gallery following the link. I get this error in the middle of displaying the first album on any page: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: popup_link() in /*path*/albums.php on line 249 Any hints? Is there a permission problem somewhere? Thanks.

TechFan

Forum User
Now that I understand how the integration works a little better, I realized that I needed to try the manual integration installation when using the cvs of gallery. All went fine, but unfortunately, the manual installation instructions are missing a very important (at least for me) conditional statement (the one that checks for group permissions). I would suggest this modification replace the corresponding section in the README.txt that is downloaded with the package from gplugs.sourceforge.net. After adding the last conditional statement group permissions started working. I am not sure how I can update it. . .or i would update the cvs myself. MODIFICATIONS TO ALBUM.PHP (gallery/classes) ##### FIND THIS CODE ##### around line 1108 $loggedIn = $gallery->userDB->getLoggedIn(); if ($perm[$loggedIn->getUid()] && strcmp($gallery->user->getUid(), $everybody->getUid())) { return true; } return false; ##### AND REPLACE IT WITH ##### /* GEEKLOG MOD * If loggedIn has the perm and we're logged in, then * we're ok also. */ $loggedIn = $gallery->userDB->getLoggedIn(); if ($perm[$loggedIn->getUid()] && $gallery->user->isLoggedIn() ) { return true; } if (is_array($perm)) { foreach ($perm as $gid => $pbool) { $group = $gallery->userDB->getUserByUid($gid); if ($group->isGroup == 1) { if (SEC_inGroup(abs($group->uid), $uid)) { return true; } } } } return false; I hope this helps someone (this is indented nicer before I submit it). I am still investigating the issue with the gallery session not being terminated when you logout of geeklog.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:30 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content