Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 03:20 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

mysql_connect() error while running install.php

eggic

Anonymous
Everything was going fine until I tried running step two of install.php.

I received
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 104.

This error puzzled me since I had just used phpMyAdmin to setup a database for GeekLog. So I looked at the info.php and sure enough, it didn't have a table for MySQL. However, when I looked at phpinfo.php in the phpMyAdmin dir it had the MySQL table.

I feel it is something simple, but I don't see it right now.

Thanks for any help!

ndarlow

Forum User
Junior
phpMyAdmin intelligently (?) loads the mysql.so server extension if it isn't already loaded. It sounds like your php.ini configuration doesn't load mysql.so at startup and, i'm guessing, MySQL support isn't built into your PHP. Regards, Neil Darlow M.Sc.

eggic

Anonymous
I would have to agree with you. It turned out now that I am awake, ran php at the command line and got the error message that I had named the .so wrong. Corrected the name and everything works. Thanks!

Anonymous

Anonymous
I have a posting regarding the same problem (mysql_connect()) on another thread. My symptoms are the same and you folks seem to have found the solution. Is there a step by step to do what you folks did to fix the problem. I am still new at this and don't know where to find the files that you fixed. Any assistance you could offer would be most appreciated. Thanks

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:20 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content