Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 06:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Another problem

Page navigation

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
Ive uploaded everything and gone through the installation but now when I go to my site I get a messagew saying: "Template Error: set_root: /home/punkboy/geeklog/public_html/layout/Yahoo/ is not a directory. Halted." http://fighttheoctopus.dr2.net why is it doing this? Thanks

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
btw...the link says that in my geeklog folder i have a public_html folder...but i dont so why does it say it?---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

ckier

Forum User
Junior
It sounds like a problem in your config.php file. The public_html folder is the folder that originally contains everything that the public is meant to see. If you moved the files out of this folder to another, you have to make sure you changed the path in your cofig.php. The error seems to be literally saying it can't find the Yahoo theme which seems to be set as the default theme in config.php

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
im really lost...i haven't changed anything in the public_html folder!!! Im getting really stressed at this...ive been trying to get my site up for three days now!!!---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

Anonymous

Anonymous
Perhaps you didn't change the contents in public_html, but you said here you don't have a directory by that name. Yet, when you previously posted your paths, you put public_html in at least one of them: $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'home/punkboy/geeklog/public_html/';

Go take take a couple hours off to calm down. Then, come back and report all your configuration paths again. Also post where exactly you put the files from the public_html and and the non-public ones on your server.

This isn't hard. It just seems that way because your stressed out. The problem is just getting the paths right.

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
ok... On my server I have a public_html folder where i put all my public_html files in that came when i downloaded geeklog. I also have a geeklog folder where I put everything else...this geeklog folder is not in my public_html folder. Here are the paths in my config.php file: Server settings: $_CONF['path'] = '/home/punkboy/geeklog/'; // C:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/ $_CONF['path'] = '/home/punkboy/geeklog/'; // C:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/ // You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html // directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the // directory like this (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']): // $_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/punkboy/public_html/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/home/punkboy/public_html/'; // you shouldn't need to edit the following $_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'system/'; $_CONF['path_log'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'logs/'; $_CONF['path_language'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'language/'; $_CONF['rdf_file'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'backend/geeklog.rdf'; $_CONF['backup_path'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'backups/'; Site settings: / make sure this is the correct URL to your site (no trailing slash) $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://fighttheoctopus.dr2.net'; $_CONF['site_name'] = 'Fight The Octopus'; $_CONF['site_slogan'] = 'Resisting Corporate Media'; $_CONF['site_mail'] = 'punkboy_jerm@canada.com'; $_CONF['theme'] = 'Yahoo'; // default theme // Some hosting services have a preconfigured admin directory. In that case, // you need to rename Geeklog's admin directory to something like "myadmin" // and change the following URL as well. Leave as is until you experience any // problems accessing Geeklog's admin menu. $_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/home/punkboy/public_html/admin'; // you shouldn't need to edit the following $_CONF['layout_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/layout/' . $_CONF['theme']; $_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/'; $_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'/'; I hope this helps thanks---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hey, wait a minute. You didn't take a chill pill. lol Okay, try these changes here. You only need to define $_CONF['path'] once not twice. Delete one of the two. $_CONF['path'] = '/home/punkboy/geeklog/'; // C:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/ $_CONF['path'] = '/home/punkboy/geeklog/'; // C:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/ This path here is wrong: $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/home/punkboy/public_html/'; As written, it equates to this: '/home/punkboy/geeklog/home/punkboy/public_html/' Based on where you said you placed the files, it should be this instead: $_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/punkboy/public_html/'; This path here is wrong too: $_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/home/punkboy/public_html/admin'; As written, it equates to this: 'http://fighttheoctopus.dr2.net/home/punkboy/public_html/admin' It should be this instead: $_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/admin'; Fix these and see if your GL works now.

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
ok ive made the changes but i still get the same problem I deleted and re-installed my mySQL DB and re-installed GL and still the same problem. http://fighttheoctopus.dr2.net---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

Anonymous

Anonymous
Let's try again. You have these two directories on your server: all public_html files were placed under: /home/punkboy/public_html/ all the other files were placed under: /home/punkboy/geeklog/ Is this right? After making those changes, please post the exact error message you're getting now.

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
yes...that is correct. here is the error i get when going to http://fighttheoctopus.dr2.net "Template Error: set_root: /home/punkboy/geeklog//home/punkboy/public_html/layout/Yahoo/ is not a directory. Halted."---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

Anonymous

Anonymous
I don't think you fixed this path here or the file didn't get overwritten with the correct change: $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/home/punkboy/public_html/'; It needs to be this: $_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/punkboy/public_html/';

Anonymous

Anonymous
Go to http://www.macosxhints.com and do a site search for - install geeklog - this will give you a very good idea of what you need to do. Just substitute the names of the directories for the names on your server. I would also suggest starting over from scratch.

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
WOW!!!! it works!!!! Thanks alot for the help!---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
ok well there is one thing... when i go to the front page it says this: "Warning: fopen(/home/punkboy/geeklog/logs/error.log) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/punkboy/public_html/lib-common.php on line 1440" Why is it doing that and what can i do to stop that? Thanks btw...you can see what im talking about by going to http://fighttheoctopus.dr2.net---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

It's all explained in the install document.

bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
You need to change permissions on the logs directory, error.log file, and access.log file to allow write access. After you install GL, there's a script named check.php in the same directory (it's probably located at http://fighttheoctopus.dr2.net/admin/install/check.php). Run that script and it will check certain files and directories to make sure you have the proper permissions set. If it says a directory or file is missing then just create an empty one and set the permissions. The script says the directories/files it checks must be set at 775, but I had to set them to 777. After you get a thumbs up from the script, make sure you remove the install directory from your server.

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
well i actually got my site working ive been working on it and then for some reason i just got this message: "1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's') AND ((owner_id = 2 AND perm_owner >= 2) OR (group_id IN (2,4,7,11,5,13,12,10' at line 1" What is that? what can i do to stop it? you can see what im talking about here: http://fighttheoctopus.dr2.net---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
ok...now it says this: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's') AND ((perm_anon >= 2))' at line 1---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

Anonymous

Anonymous
What were you doing which resulted in that error?

punkboy_jerm

Anonymous
adding another topic. I cliked submit or whatever to put in the new topic and it just started giving my that message---1234 EAT THE RICH AND FEED THE POOR 5678 ORGINISE AND SMASH THIS STATE - suck la marde

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content