Anonymous

Anonymous
I have been reading about geeklogs security system and am quite impressed. My question is this, if I create topics, e.g topic 1 2 and 3 and I create users 1 2 and 3, could I set it so that user 1 could post to topics 1,2,3 user 2 post to topics 1,2 and user 3 is restricted to posting only to topic 3. And can I stop users from being able to post to the front page, but restrict them to posting into the topics only? Thanks

rawdata

Forum User
I think you can do this by setting up two different groups (A and Cool. User #1 is assigned to both groups. User #2 is assigned to Group A only. User #3 is assigned to Group B only. When you create your topics (1, 2, and 3). You can assign group access rights in the control panel as follows: Topic 1: Group A (ie Users 1 and 2) Topic 2: Group A (ie Users 1 and 2) Topic 3: Group B (ie Users 1 and 3) That gives you User 1: Topics 1,2,3; User 2: Topics 1,2; User 3: Topic 3 only. If you don't want these people to read the topics they aren't assigned to then uncheck the members and anonymous blocks when you create the topic. In the story editor, there's a feature to show a story in topic only. They would have to manually change this or you can make a very minor hack in the code so it displays this by default instead of the "show on front page."

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Yes this is possible.---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.