Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 10:06 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

frontpage for logged-in users?

bcbrock

Forum User
Chatty
I've been searching the previous posts and have found several people discussing how to get a frontpage block to display only for anonymous users, but...

I was wondering if anybody has done the inverse of this, where the frontpage block will display only to logged-in users?

My site is a must-log-in situation and I'd like the frontpage to display a link to a welcome letter for new users. I know I could do this easily in a side block, but I think I'd like it better if I could get it to show up front and center. -- Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Long live GL and all the volunteers who make it great!!!

~Brian

squatty

Forum User
I haven't tested this so I'm not sure if it works but.... Why not just un-check the Anonymous users read for the static page (frontpage)? In other words, set the access rights to Members only.---Danny @ squatty.com
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Anonymous

Anonymous
Frontpage ignores these settings.

tomw

Forum User
The history of geeklog and static pages is rather convoluted and confuses many people. The static page frontpage feature of Geeklog was only intended to work with the native version of static pages which does not have permissions (or php). So the frontpage feature ignores the permission and php setting of static pages 1.2.

Let me rephrase this, since I have answered this question several times. The static page frontpage is a feature of Geeklog and not static pages.

Now on to the question at hand. If you have staticpages 1.2 installed and want to make your static page frontpage permission and php aware, visit the cvs for static pages on the gplugs.sf.net site. Get the updated functions.inc and the new main site index.php. Replace your staticpages functions.inc with the new file and replace you main site index.php with the new file. It should work.

Hopefully the next version of Geeklog will remove all this confusion.

TomW

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:06 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content