Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:01 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery Random Photo Block dillemma

Eddy

Forum User
Hi, I have this annoying thing going on with my gallery random photo block. Sometimes it will load the folder thumbnail instead of the real image of the folder thumbnail. So instead of having caption accompany the image there is none and not to mention since the image practically doesn't exist since it calls the folder thumbnail picture the URL generated generates this error "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/mydomain/public_html/gallery/view_photo.php on line 76" The URL I mentioned is like so: http://mydomain/gallery/myalbum/unknown ... So what exactly is wrong here? Is it my configuration or it is just so. I only have like 4 pictures at the moment, is it because of this? But why does it grab the folder thumbnail picture that by right shouldn't be included in the random calling. Phew, TIA Eddy

Anonymous

Anonymous
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/etho/public_html/gallery/view_photo.php on line 76 That's my error message. For some reason, a few of my photos appear in the random block without captions (even though they have captions in the gallery) and when you click these photos, the error message above results. Hovering over the photo before clicking, I can see that the URL it is trying to resolve to is something like: http://www.mydomain.com/gallery/latrip/unknown where "latrip" is an empty gallery with nested galleries within it. "unknown" is presumably a random block error string that's been appended to this URL. No file name for the photo appears in the URL string, like it would for the photos that are able to be clicked through to via the random photo block. Deleting the block-random.cache file and allowing it to regenerate does not solve the problem. Any ideas how to solve this?

Anonymous

Anonymous
This STILL happens on my install. Was there no fix for this?

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hi, I'm still getting an annoying intermittent error with the random photo block not displaying the photo when clicked upon and instead get this error. Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/wingso/public_html/gallery/view_photo.php on line 76 Noticed many having this problem. Anyone found an answer? Pls advise. Really appreciate it! Nic

geirj

Forum User
Junior
Quote by Eddy: Hi,
I have this annoying thing going on with my gallery random photo block. Sometimes it will load the folder thumbnail instead of the real image of the folder thumbnail.
So instead of having caption accompany the image there is none and not to mention since the image practically doesn't exist since it calls the folder thumbnail picture the URL generated generates this error

"Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/mydomain/public_html/gallery/view_photo.php on line 76"

The URL I mentioned is like so: http://mydomain/gallery/myalbum/unknown ...

Eddy

I got the same problem, and I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/geirj/public_html/gallery/view_photo.php on line 93

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Agent X20

Forum User
Junior
I'm seeing the same problem... anyone have any clues?

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /import_fs2/home/merito/staff/kiwisim/www/gallery/view_photo.php on line 115

I'm getting all the thumbnails ok... but completely randomly you click the block links and pow there's the error.

Agent X20

Forum User
Junior
It looks like the problem happens when it chooses a 'highlight' image. I'm guessing it's counting albums and their highlight.

CosmicInsight

Anonymous
Yup... I'm having this same problem. Is there a fix for this yet? Is there a way for the random photo block to NOT select the highlight/thumbnail photo's of sub-albums?

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:01 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content