Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 07:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Register User can't submit/publish articles

laurent_godet

Forum User
Hello Everybody, I just finished my geeklog site yesterday, and I just undercover my first real "problem". Register User can't submit new article (or news or whatever you call them ;-). When they do so they have a screen telling them that they have no right to reach the administration article page. As I would like my user to directly publish articles (no submit, directly publish) I put them as Story Admin (I know this could sound weird, but ..) but even with this 'right' they are not allowed to do so. The only way I can make them publish articles is to put them as 'Root' but I don't really like that ;-). I think this is due because the 'story block' belong to the security group 'Root', but I 'm not even sure about that .... If someone could give me a hand, I'll really apreciate. respect rulez, Laurent

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Well, first of all why don't you simply switch off the story submission queue in config.php?

For the actual problem, please see my comment in this thread.

bye, Dirk

laurent_godet

Forum User
thanks Dirk, It appears that this issue is EXACTLY the one I encounter. I'll try to fix my admin/story.php tonight. In any case, many thanks for your reply. Please have a nice day, Laurent

laurent_godet

Forum User
Sorry to bother you again, but I still have this issue ... I try, as Dirk told me to move the line 682 to the second line of the function, but I still have the same error message. I set the topics to belong to the 'all user' group, but still the same problem ... Dude, I think I should have pay more attention while my studies :-) ... If someone has an idea ... Have a nice day, Laurent

Skinner

Forum User
Same for me, the published fix didn't work. I set my Authors up exactly like you did. Being my first post here and all, I'd like to say that so far I'm impressed. Has most of the features I wanted "out of the box".

Skinner

Forum User
After playing around with this somewhat, I found that if you give the Group "edit" rights to the topic, then the "Author" can save the story and not get the access error. Since the topic belongs to All Users, and they have edit rights, does this impose a security risk?

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content