Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 06:00 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Poll And User Registration

loudness

Anonymous
I just installed geeklog and its working fine with 1 problem. I tried to make a new poll with 5 answers after saving the new poll I go back to the main page and see that the 5 answers have been doubled (i.e. Cool Good Need More Cool Good Need More) something like that might this be a bug or is it something I didn't see in the config. Another thing is about user registration I think its neat how GL handles new user registration but I was hoping to edit how mine works. I have a domain registered from domaindirect.com and my hosting is a free hosting from a friend of mine and i forward my domain to the url in my hosting (i.e. mydomain.com is forwarded to myfriendsdomain.com/~me) and user registration works perfectly fine problem is when users register at the buttom of the email my site is sending to them instead of mydomain.com showing up its myfriendsdomain.com/~me. Is there any hacks i could use to fix this. Thanks

Anonymous

Anonymous
In the emailpassword function $_CONF['site_url'] is placed in the message to the user. What do you have this set as in your config.php file?? No idea why you're getting that weird result in your poll. Maybe a corrupt file?

Anonymous

Anonymous
i place myfriendsdomain.com/~me because if I place mydomain.com in that setting geeklog dont seem to work because my domain is hosted in another server.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Okay, well that's your problem. You can either make a hard code change or set up another global variable. Go inside users.php and find the function emailpassword and look for this line: $mailtext .= "{$_CONF['site_url']}rn"; (the "r" and "n" should have back slashes in front of them but GL keeps stripping them out here on me) If you want to use hard code then change that line to read: $mailtext .= "http://www.yourdomainname.comrn"; (the "r" and "n" should have back slashes in front of them) If instead you want to set up another global variable say "site_domain", you'll need to make two changes. 1) Replace the above line in users.php to read: $mailtext .= "{$_CONF['site_domain']}rn"; (the "r" and "n" should have back slashes in front of them) 2) Add the following line inside config.php: $_CONF['site_domain'] = 'http://www.yourdomainname.com'; Either one of those should change the link sent to users on signup to your domain name.

Anonymous

Anonymous
thanks that did it for my URL problem... hoping i can get something to fix the poll problem thanks a lot

Anonymous

Anonymous
I am having the same exact problem with my polls. I enter a poll like this: 1. I rock. 2. I'm okay. 3. I suck. After I publish I get: 1. I rock. 2. I'm okay. 3. I suck. 4. I rock. 5. I'm okay. 6. I suck. Help help help!

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content