Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 09:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

emailgeeklogstories

Cregar

Forum User
Junior
I have my site up and running great but I can't get the emailgeeklogstories script to work.
I get a email stating:

/bin/sh: emailgeeklogstories: command not found

I have tried the suggestion of removing the line of text from the emailgeeklogstories file and running thru my browser as a php file. The script works fine. But when I run it through cron I get the error above.

Thank for any help.
--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Did you specify the complete path to the emailgeeklogstories script? Did you set the executable flags? bye, Dirk

Cregar

Forum User
Junior
The path is fine. All I did was set the permissions (through FTP) to be 755. Is that what you mean by excutable?
--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
This sounds like a basic *nix issue. Just type this: ./emailgeeklogstories---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Cregar

Forum User
Junior
Ok Tony, Changing the cron line like you suggested give me this now:

./emailgeeklogstories: ?php : No such file or directory
./emailgeeklogstories: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `include('/XXXX/XXXXX/public_html/lib-common.php')'
./emailgeeklogstories: line 7: `include('/XXXXX/XXXX/public_html/lib-common.php'); '

Any Ideas???

---
--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You originally wrote that you removed the first line from the emailgeeklogstories script. Did you put it back in? bye, Dirk

Cregar

Forum User
Junior
Yep, after testing the script in my browser with the .php extension I took the .php extension off and added #!/usr/local/bin/php -q back in.

The path in my cron command is set as:

./emailgeeklogstories

I set the permissions through ftp as 755

Thanks again for any help provided.

---
--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

micahmj11

Forum User
Junior
Not understanding much about unix, and being new to php, I too had difficulty getting emailgeeklogstories working. But i finally got it to work. Im not sure if your situation is the same as mine, but I had to type php before the path in the cron job. it looks like this: php /PATH/TO/emailgeeklogstories.php and the contents of emailgeeklogstories.php is: #!/usr/local/bin/php -q <?php #This code snippet is responsible for emailing Geeklog stories to users #for the topics they select. For this script to work you must have compiled #php so it can also be used a shell scripting language. DO NOT change anything #in this file. You should call this script from your crontab (man crontab). require_once ("/PATH/TO/lib-common.php"Wink; COM_emailUserTopics(); ?> The addition of the "php" in the cron tab is what finally made it work for me. hope this helps. Micah

Cregar

Forum User
Junior
Does the emailgeeklogstories file to be in the public_html directory? Right now its outside the public_html directory.<br><br> config.php<br> emailgeeklogstories<br> public_html<br> etc<br> <br>I wish I could get this working ----- "Get Geeked" Cregar
--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

Cregar

Forum User
Junior
set it up as you suggested and got this error:<br><br> I Failed loading /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendOptimizer.so: /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendOptimizer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory<br> X-Powered-By: PHP/4.2.3 Set-Cookie: LastVisit=1043432640; expires=Sat, 24-Jan-04 18:24:00 GMT; path=/ <br> Set-Cookie: LastVisitTemp=deleted; expires=Thu, 24-Jan-02 18:23:59 GMT; path=/; domain=http://www.janischfamily.com <br> Content-type: text/html <br> ----- "Get Geeked" Cregar
--
"Get Geeked"
Cregar

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you put it inside your public_html, everyone can call it up at any time. You surely don't want that ... bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content