Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:38 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

event_types purpose

euripedes

Anonymous
I'm setting up GL to post news and events for a medium sized university. So far it is working out great except the functionality of the events feature.

First, what is the purpose of "event_types" (found in the main config file)? I did a recursive grep in the layout directory and only found it in the submit and edit event pages. If it doesn't actually show up in the calendar or event details what is it used for?

Idealy I would like to see it work like the Topics do. Where you can set access rights and the user can limit the events they see by the event type. Is this possible?

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
The list found in event_types is used to populate the event type drop-down when you enter an event. It's a quick and dirty way to add custom event types (i.e. Fishig Tournament, Trap Shoot, etc) ---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

euripedes

Anonymous
I realize what it should do... But the event types aren't even displayed on any of the event views. For example, say I add an event and make the type "Holiday". The only place the text "Holiday" shows up for that event is on the edit page of the event. This would be useless to any users that can't edit the event.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You're right, it doesn't seem to be displayed anywhere. Submit it to our Feature Requests tracker. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:38 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content