Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 11:52 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Featured - Show Only in Topic

Anonymous

Anonymous
Running 1.3.7. How do I set an article to show only in a topic and be featured? When I set featured, it ignores the show only in topic setting, and shows on the front page. I'd prefer Center Blocks, to sit above the stories. Is this possible? This way I could static text above the dynamic stories...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
"Featured story" takes precedence over "show in topic". I'm afraid that's just the way Geeklog works right now ... If you create a static page and call it "frontpage" then its contents will be displayed above all the stories. bye, Dirk

richschmidt

Forum User
Junior
It's a shame that it works that way. It makes it that much less flexible...

Anonymous

Anonymous
I also would like to see this feature. Maybe it could possibly go into the version 2 release. Keep up the good work!

jerry

Anonymous
I'd also like to see articles keep their "featured" status when a new "featured" article is created. So that when a "featured" article gets bumped from the main page, it will still show up as "featured" in the category it belongs to (assuming it is still the most recent "featured" article" in that category). I.e., the most recent featured article in the current Category should show up as featured (at least as an option). For that matter, it'd be nice to have a pseudo-category of "Featured Articles" that lists all previous features. Jerry---"Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you've depleted the lake."--It Isn't Murder If They're Yankees

LWC

Forum User
I was just about to post this, when I saw it was already posted.
Actually, it was thanks to Google, since searching for this subject yields nothing in the forum's internal search engine or just in Geeklog's (if you remove the dash from the subject, that is).

Anyway, I just want to mention that Geeklog can handle this, because it works if I do it manually via MySQL. So why shouldn't Geeklog respect this in the story editor?

Should I file a bug report?
I tried looking for it there first, but the search engine there is really bad and Google won't search in there like it does here.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by LWC: Anyway, I just want to mention that Geeklog can handle this

"This" being what exactly? This thread is about at least two differnt things ...

If you refer to having more than one featured story: Geeklog did have a lot of problems at one point when you somehow managed to have more than one featured story. That must have been around 1.3.5 - possibly earlier. A lot of code has changed since then and it's possible that it works better now, but be aware ...

In any case, this should be filed as feature request, not a bug report. And I think there already is at least a related feature request.

bye, Dirk

LWC

Forum User
No, I was just talking about the subject...
"This" = Featured + Show Only in Topic

Enabling the two can only be done via MySQL.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:52 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content