Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 09:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

RDF query

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
I would like to increase the output on the server side of the RDF from the default 10 to 25 where can I do this. On the client side is there anyway for a client to choose the amount of items they pick up and display i.e. 5, 10 upto the 25 we want to serve. We are attempting to offer a news syndication to the news items placed online each day which could be upto 100. Wayne

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The RDF import does not limit the amount of headlines - it just reads all the headlines from the remote RDF file. You would have to add a counter to the RDF parser if you would like to limit the amount (see function COM_rdfEndElement() in lib-common.php). The function for exporting an RDF feed from Geeklog is in function COM_exportRDF(), also in lib-common.php. There's a for loop there, limiting the number of exported headlines to 10: for( $i = 1; $i <= $nrows AND $actualcount < 10; $i++ ) You may also need to change the "LIMIT 20" in the SQL request at the beginning of that function. Actually, that code needs an overhaul: It picks the 20 latest stories from the database and then exports the first 10 of those to which an anonymous user has access to the RDF feed (that's what the for loop does). It would be better to do all that in the SQL request. Oh well ... bye, Dirk

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
Many thanks .... as I understand if I were to increase the number to 20 or 25 or even 30 the site importing would have no control to receive less than what the total is set at in lib-common. Wayne

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If the importing site is a Geeklog site: yes. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content