Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 08:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

GeekLog E-Mail Problem

TheGatesofBill

Anonymous
I host my own site, and as a result I have to get rid of all the e-mail functions from things, as they only cause errors. If anyone knows a way of removing the e-mail comfirmation thing, please tell me.

Anonymous

Anonymous
"I host my own site, and as a result I have to get rid of all the e-mail functions from things, as they only cause errors." Geeklog uses PHP's built-in mail function. If you can't use it, then your server is not set up correctly. "If anyone knows a way of removing the e-mail comfirmation thing, please tell me." To remove the email confirmation just modify users.php file.

TheGatesofBill

Anonymous
I know my server is a bit messy. Also, I don't have a working smtp thingy. How would I change it so that the user could just enter the password that they want?

Anonymous

Anonymous
You'll have to change the section in that file where it prompts a person for username and email to username and password. Then, you'll have to comment out or delete the section which generates and forwards the password via email. There are a few other places where an email can be generated like if a person loses his password. I don't know how much work it is to disable all the email. I'm swamped right now so I don't have the time to go in and figure it out.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content