Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

page updates

Anonymous

Anonymous
when i log out of my site... or if someone registers .. it does not update the way it suppost to brb.. i have to hit refresh again in order for to see the actual page... is ther a fix for this?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sorry, you're not making it clear what you expect to see and what actually happens. Care to elaborate? bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
well i have to hit the refresh button on my browser to see the actual user/news etc.. for example... lets say.. that you logout and then start browsing around for a bit.. and a user logs in to your site.. well once you come back to your site. you will still see your self logged in .. but if you hit refresh button then you will see that your logged out.. and a new users as logged in... i hope i made my self a bit clear.. =/ sorry just tired.. on the time i get on here.. i work alot

Anonymous

Anonymous
That's a cache problem. Your browser is serving up an older page instead of a refreshed one. There's a couple of ways to prevent caching. You can either insert meta tags in the header.thml file such as: <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1"> You can read more on it here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q234067. (Sorry, you'll have to cut and paste. I couldn't get the code to display in HTML mode). I'm not sure if Geeklog allows PHP code in the header template file. IF it does, you can also disable caching by using headers. Just put this code at the very top of the page in header.thml. Make sure there's no blank lines before it, after it, or at the bottom of the file. <?php header("Expires: Mon, 1 Jan 1990 05:00:00 GMT"Wink; // some date in the past header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s"Wink . " GMT"Wink; // always modified header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate"Wink; // HTTP/1.1 header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false); header("Pragma: no-cache"Wink; // HTTP/1.0 ?>

Anonymous

Anonymous
Niether of these "fixes" does anything to change the behavior. I'm using mozilla for access to GL.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content