Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 10:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Unicode Language

samstone

Forum User
Has anyone experimented with Unicode(UTF-8) language set? I am having problem my unicode language set to work smoothly with GL1.3.7. I got cookie problems during log in and log out. During log out it says, something like "cannot add header information because it is already set by the /geeklog/lanugage/unicode.php." It is refering to users.php line 599 and 600 which talks about cookie settings. I saw a Japanese guy mentioned about his successful use of UTF-8 but he posted as an annonymous person, so I don't know how to contact him. sam

Anonymous

Anonymous
Usually when you get this error message... "cannot add header information because it is already set by..." it means the file has blank lines/spaces either above the <?php or below the ?> Try deleting those and see if it helps.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks for your answer. Yes. I did try what you suggested because I saw that when I was searching for the answer on this site. I didn't work. In my case. As soon as I remove the UTF-8 language pack from the language directory, the problem is solved. Then, I tried putting a different UTF-8 language in and then set one of my user account to use that language. I could use it normally, except I could log out, or log in after the time expired. I created another language pack GB Code, and it worked seamlessly. The only problem was with UTF-8 code language. Hope this gives you a better description of my situation? Sam

Anonymous

Anonymous
Oh, okay. Are you sure the UTF-8 language pack is complete? If it is, can you post a downloadable link to this file? I'm at a lost on what to suggest is causing it, but if I can reproduce this I might be able to find the problem.

samstone

Forum User
I happened to open the utf-8 files with phpEdit 0.6, which I don't use it often because I am not used to it. But, surprizingly, I found some junks in front of <? and cleaned it up, and the problem was resloved. Just can't believe even both notepad and wordpad failed to reveal them. Anyway, thanks for the help. I will finsh the files and post them on the download area soon. They are Chinese Fanti Unicode, Chinese Jianti Unicode, and Chinese Jianti GB code(which didn't create problem). If no one has done it yet, I will also upload a set of Unicode Japanese, English and Spanish, so that Geeklog can read muti-lingual postings in the same page. If you also work with unicode. Could you tell me which text editor you use. Wordpad tent to corrupt the unicode files, and with phpEditor you can't read unicode as it is. Happy New Year! Sam

samstone

Forum User
I didn't realize that I can't edit my own posting. The last line in my previous posting means, I "can't" read the unicode words on phpEditor. Sam

Anonymous

Anonymous
That's great! It is weird how tempermental PHP is on stray characters especially blank lines and spaces. I use NotePad and WordPad but haven't tried them out on Unicode files yet. I didn't know they corrupted any files. At one time, I was using a text editor on my host's filemanager but stopped because it was corrupting some of my files by adding unwanted characters.

samstone

Forum User
Wow, It was 2002 when I posted the last message on this topic. Time flies!

Now I have uploaded some unicode files. I hope you find it useful for your multi-lingual Geeklog sites. If not, please tell me. If yes, I will keep trying to convert the rest of the language files.

Sam

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content