Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 09:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Template Error: set_root:

bodyz

Anonymous
http://localhost/public_html/admin/install/success.php Template Error: set_root: D:/server/home/localhost/www/D:/server/home/localhost/www/layout/XSilver/ is not a directory. Halted. help me please thks

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Take a close look at the path posted in the error message. Your problem is clearly realted to the template path set in config.php. I'm not sure which path variable is causing you the most problems but my hunch is $_CONF['path_layout'] --Tony---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
// you shouldn't need to edit the following $_CONF['layout_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/layout/' . $_CONF['theme']; $_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/'; $_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'/'; Where a mistake?

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
What do you have for $_CONF['path'] and $_CONF['path_html']? --Tony---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
I'm having the same problem and not sure where to start. I've starred at this config file for hours with no result. My public_html is under the c:/inetpub/wwwroot and geeklog is installed in c:/MyPortal/Mygeeks/. Your help will be tremendously apreciated.. Any thought? Please help? Thanks a million...... $_CONF['path'] = 'c:/MyPortal/Mygeeks/'; // C:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/ // You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html // directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the // directory like this: $_CONF['path_html'] = '/path/to/your/public_html/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'c:/inetpub/wwwroot/'; // make sure this is the correct URL to your site (no trailing slash) $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://myhomepage.com'; $_CONF['site_name'] = 'my homepage'; $_CONF['site_slogan'] = 'Where we all get together'; $_CONF['site_mail'] = 'my@myhomepage.com'; $_CONF['theme'] = 'XSilver'; // default theme // you shouldn't need to edit the following $_CONF['layout_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/layout/' . $_CONF['theme']; $_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/'; $_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'/'; // optional settings $_CONF['allow_user_themes'] = 1; $_CONF['allow_user_language'] = 1; $_CONF['allow_user_photo'] = 1; // 1 = on, 0 = off...flag that allows users to upload self-photo

Anonymous

Anonymous
I was having this problem to what I did to solve it was change $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/'; and it works great now. Hope this helps...

dchoriki

Anonymous

I think Ifigured it out. At least it worked for me.

when you put the geeklog code and the html code in different places you need to change the definition of the public_html location as it by default places it under the geeklog location.

so the line

$_CONF?'path_html' = $_CONF?'path' . '/path/to/your/public_html/';

needs to have the path to the geeklog code removed so it looks like

$_CONF?'path_html' = '/path/to/your/public_html/';

it is documented in the line above.

danny

Anonymous

Anonymous
You probably have this in config.php as your path_html: $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'D:/server/home/localhost/www/'; Try replacing it by this (makes sense since we deleted $_CONF['path'] which is in your case 'D:/server/home/localhost/www/') therefore, before you had: D:/server/home/localhost/www/ plus D:/server/home/localhost/www/ plus the layout_url: D:/server/home/localhost/www/D:/server/home/localhost/www/layout/XSilver/ Replace with this: $_CONF['path_html'] = 'D:/server/home/localhost/www/'; that way you will point directly to that address... I hope I made myself clear Big Grin Do that and I bet it will work Smile

beewee

Forum User
grumpy
Got the same problem. Which public_HTML path should I fill in in config.php?? I've tried all possible options, with or without slashes....

Many thanks in advance!!

Greetz from Holland
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

beewee

Forum User
tired
Problem solved. Tried dozens other path-options and found the right one. My opinion is that the comments in the config.php are not very clear on that point. But I got the site running, I'm now changing te Rude Colors Theme. Keep you posted.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content