Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 07:11 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How to start configuring your web after installing Geeklog

alfonso.matos

Anonymous
Yesterday I successfully installed Geeklog,but now I don't know where do I have to go to start working... How can I configure my website? I have logged in as Admin but I haven't found any link that offers me the way to change the look & feel and personalize my web. Maybe I didn't install it correctly as I thought. Can somebody tell me how to start? Thanks in advance.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Most of the configuration is done in config.php. There's also a document listing and explaining all the options.

To change the "look and feel" you could use another theme. You can change your own theme in the Display Preferences and the default theme is set in config.php. There's also a document that explains how to make your own theme.

bye, Dirk

alfonso.matos

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk for the information!

Raddue

Forum User
What about making changes such as adding links and making other pages? Like say I wanted to have a page about myself, or a page full of pictures of my friends?---"For 300 lifetimes of man have I roamed this earth, and NOW I don't have any time!" -Gandalf the White
"For 300 lifetimes of man have I roamed this earth, and NOW I don't have any time!" -Gandalf the White

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That's were plugins come into play. For pages that contain just static information, use the static pages plugin. There are several solutions available for images (the Geekary as a true plugin, or you could integrate the Gallery or Mig (My Image Gallery) scripts) - do a search for those here on the site. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thank you, sir.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:11 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content