Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 07:48 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

BANNER AD SYSTEM NEEDED

Anonymous

Anonymous
I am new in Geeklog. I need for the site i a developing a banner ad system [not classified but BANNER]. First i tried with phpadmentor but when i was connecting to the ads database with the script i was put in the header.thml i was recieving many errors. Now i am trying PhpAdsNew, yeah great but still i have problems in the connectionat the header.thml HEEEEELP :p i need this programm or phpadmentor very very very much! I try to search the site for help but all the answers in other similar post was for classified.. I DON'T want classifieds but BANNER AD Managment. thx

Anonymous

Anonymous
What kind of errors were you receiving?

Anonymous

Anonymous
Xmmmm... some time i am recieving error with the directories.. Always does not showing the banners... Some time it says that is an SQL error but there is not SQL error... Every time and a new error :S please help me snif snif snif :*(

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm not familiar with either software, but I'll go check them out to see what they produce. It would be helpful though to see some of the error messages you're receiving.

Creator

Forum User
Have you considered trying out an affiliate network such as Commission Junction? They have something called a Smart Zone with which you can assemble several or more banners in one "zone" and they will automatically rotate with a single piece of code you put in your template files.

I've done this in Thane Community without any problems.

---
L. Whitworth
www.finiserv.com

L. Whitworth

Anonymous

Anonymous
How are you trying to invoke phpadsnew? I have not used it with geeklog, but when I used a nuke based system, I had a lot more luck invoking the ad system via javascript. That looks something like this: <script language='JavaScript' src='<urlToAdServer>/adjs.php?what=468x60,_banner&n=topbanner'></script>

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
Hi I use phpadsnew see the banner at http://www.balita.org/ this generates either a house banners or the output of doubleclick and no problems. Like others say we need to see what errors you are getting? Also what code are you asking phpadsnew to generate as I have found some don't work as well as others, and others will work in Mozilla but not IE and vv. I have justs placed the code where I wanted it in header.thtml, currently running 1.3.6 but changing to 1.3.7 over next few days. I have six sites taking output from phpadsnew without problem. Wayne

Anonymous

Anonymous
That's funny, a filipino website. It brought back a lot of memories. I lived there for a few years. I see you use pop up ads. I really hate those things and probably most people do too. Just out of curiosity, why do you use them? The best ads I've seen are those written in javascript which do something entertaining.

Anonymous

Anonymous
We were one of the first filipino web sites online way back in 1994 we celebrated our 8th birthday last December 4. We don't use pop-ups - it's doubleclick over which we have no control. Wayne

Anonymous

Anonymous
ALL OK Smile Phpadsnew works now GREAT!! i think that the problem was with the header... who knows Smile thx

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm using this and it is working quite well in header and in block area

Anonymous

Anonymous
Text Formatted Code
    >We don't use pop-ups - it's doubleclick over which we have no control.
Then you do use pop-ups. Ahem...

jaw

Anonymous
has anybody done any further work on integrating phpadsnew and geeklog? phpadsnew seems like such a nice robust system and I'm needing an ad server more and more each day. I'll need to place small ads throughout my site, not just the header.thtml file. Any suggestions or tip or tricks to getting it working?

jaw

Anonymous
ok, got it working on the main pages by using javascript in a new Block. works great. but now I need to place one or more banner ads on the Forum page and on the Downloads page (the most popular areas, of course). How do I properly get the ads to show on those pages?

caio

Anonymous
curious
jaw: what javascript did you use to make phpadsnew work in a block? i'm trying to run multiple ads on my site 809k.com but havent been able to get more than 2 working..

i've had phpadsnew working for two rotating banners, one with the invocation code in the header.html and the other by just pasting the code right into the "normal block" textbox... (i thought it was weird that the php code worked inside a normal block)

Blah Blah Blah Blah ...

my point is i cant get anymore banners to work in the blocks, and i'd like to get the javascript that does work.

williambrandes

Forum User
Junior
How many bells and whistles? I use (top banner rotation) a javascript running arrays at William Brandes Consulting which can enable either images or text. If you have NoteTab you can suck the script from the source link.

And, I forgot. I discuss this in my forum (Rotating Banners). I have a click to the file that you can download to your desktop. William
William Brandes Consulting
www.wbrandes.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:48 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content