Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help with Geeklog Issue

ewheet

Anonymous
I have Geeklog 1.3.6 installed under Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) The site comes up fine, and looks fine. I can add users, and change passwords. But noone (admin even) can post new stories or edit existing stories. I have verified that MySQL is working fine. Also that permissions are correct on the database directories. I do know, however, that I don't have Sendmail setup right yet. Could this be causing the issue? We are a research group at a University, and we have Research Staff people in Israel wanting to post stories. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please no RTFM's.. because I have. Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
sendmail is only required to send out the emails with the passwords, etc. If you add users by hand, you shouldn't need it. Are you sure you have register_globals=on? bye, Dirk

DonC

Anonymous
How did you install PHP and MySQL ? I used the installs from Marc Liyanage and phpMyAdmin for installing the main database. http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/ The only problems I faced were some file permissions (solved) and no access to the locales (unsolved) I am running 10.2.3 on a Cube G4

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content