Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 11:05 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Template Error set_root after installing

thomascameron

Anonymous
I put the contents of public_html in /home/thomas.cameron/public_html/geeklog, and the rest of the download in /home/thomas.cameron/geeklog. I modified config.php and lib-common.php per the instructions. I created the MySQL database geeklog, and set permissions on it. After I run the install.php, it appears to run correctly but I get the error Template Error: set_root: /home/thomas.cameron/geeklog/geeklog/layout/XSilver/ is not a directory. Halted. I have unpacked and installed three times now. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you look closely, the path in the error message you get has "geeklog" in it twice, so something in your paths settings is wrong. Make sure you have $_CONF['path'] = '/home/thomas.cameron/geeklog/'; and $_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/thomas.cameron/public_html/geeklog/'; That should work then. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
yes i just installed and had teh verysame problem. Under the config.php the line that reads: $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/your/path' remove $_CONF['path'] . (dont forget the . ) and it will work fine

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:05 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content