Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 04:41 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help and thanks

dv13

Anonymous
Thanks for all the users that commmented on my recent post for the comparison of PN and GL... I went ahead with GL. Now my question is where do I find out how to use it...smile...I am totally new to this one. One thing I want to do is to edit the user function box..i.e. the links and names of links...or make a boxjust like it, entitled Main Menu with links to other pages on my site, ..I made the Block ok, but where in the world do I go to put the links and names of the links in? thanks..t

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Not quite sure what you're after ...

Some of the blocks, like the Sections and the User Functions blocks, are built-in - you can't edit them (unless you hack the code or, in case of the User Functions, write a plugin to extend them).

The easiest way to make a block of links is to just create a "normal" block and type the URLs into it (just plain HTML).

For something more advanced, you might want to try out Tom Willet's Menu Plugin. Or you could simply write your own function to be used by a PHP block ...

bye, Dirk

jhoke

Anonymous
For an example of what can be accomplished with the menu plugin, check out www.slapd.net I installed it and hacked up the templates that were shipped with the plugin... I think this is similar to what you are asking for Smile -john

dv13

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk that worked great..thank you..t

dv13

Anonymous
Thanks John..that was it and got it up and running fine and I like it...t

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:41 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content