Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 02:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

new accounts question

etam

Forum User
I am looking to limiting access. I would like to be able to e-mail usernames and passwords to a specific domain only (ie yahoo.com). Is this possible? I have changed config.php the $_CONF['allow_domain']= ' ' Is there something else that I need to do? Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Not sure what exactly you're looking for. The allow_domains variable is only used when you activate the user submission queue ($_CONF['usersubmission'] = 1; in config.php). In that case, any users from the allowed domains will receive their password automatically and all the other users will end up in the user submission queue and not receive a password until approved by an admin. bye, Dirk

etam

Forum User
Hi, Thanks for replying. What I am looking to doing is use GL as an intranet. I would like to limit the e-mails with passwords to one domain (for example e-mail accts @workplace.com). Right now, anyone in the world with that views GL and wants an acct just click on 'new user'. Type in a username and password press submit and an acct is create and password sent out. It GL doesn't do this I can hack away at users.php. Thanks Ed

etam

Forum User
Hi, Thanks for your reply gave me an idea for the config.php and users.php. Let me know if you think it's going to work or not. I don't have time but will try tomorrow Ed Add in config.php: $_CONF['intranet'] = 'somewhere.com'; // if blank '' check $CONF['usersubmission'] for approval 1=needs 0=does not Add in users.php (under 'function emailpassword' an 'if else' statement: if (!emtpy _$CONF['intranet']) {return COM_refresh"{$_CONF 'site_url']}/index.php?msg=48"Wink;} else //checks to see if config.php the 'new user' needs approval or not (($_CONF['usersubmission'] == 1) && ($A['passwd'] == md5(''))) { return COM_refresh ("{$_CONF['site_url']}/index.php?msg=48"Wink; } srand((double)microtime()*1000000); $passwd = rand(); $passwd = md5($passwd); $passwd = substr($passwd,1,8); $passwd2 = md5($passwd); DB_change($_TABLES['users'],'passwd',"$passwd2",'username',$username); $mailtext = "{$LANG04[15]}\n\n"; $mailtext .= "{$LANG04[2]}: $username\n"; $mailtext .= "{$LANG04[4]}: $passwd\n\n"; $mailtext .= "{$LANG04[14]}\n\n"; $mailtext .= "{$_CONF["site_name"]}\n"; $mailtext .= "{$_CONF['site_url']}\n"; if (empty ($LANG_CHARSET)) { $charset = $_CONF['default_charset']; if (empty ($charset)) { $charset = "iso-8859-1"; } } else { $charset = $LANG_CHARSET; } mail($A["email"] ,"{$_CONF["site_name"]}: {$LANG04[16]}" ,$mailtext ,"From: {$_CONF["site_name"]} <{$_CONF["site_mail"]}>\nReturn-Path: <{$_CONF["site_mail"]}>\nContent-Type: text/plain; charset={$charset}\nX-Mailer: GeekLog $VERSION" ); if ($msg) { $retval .= COM_refresh("{$_CONF['site_url']}/index.php?msg=$msg"Wink; } else { $retval .= COM_refresh("{$_CONF['site_url']}/index.php"Wink; } } else { $retval .= COM_siteHeader('menu') . defaultform($LANG04[17]) . COM_siteFooter(); } return $retval; }

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content