Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:47 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery

Anonymous

Anonymous
Did anybody succeded in integrating Gallery 1.3.1 into Geeklog 1.3.6. I mean a real integration, with only registered users able to see the albums, admin features enabled... After 4-5 installation, reading instructions carefully, I gave up. All I could do is having Gallery wrapped into GL but it never used usernames and passwords form GL. I have to set "EVERYBODY" can see the albums to make it work. And if a user changes his theme and go to an album, Gallery will appear in the defautl theme, under an anonymous setup in GL. To be able to log into Gallery as an Admin to create albums or upload photos, I have to edit gallery's config.php, comment out the "GALL..EMBEDDED..." and then uncomment it to put it back in GL. "LoggedInUsers" doesn't seem to work at all. It probably has something to do with cookies. It's like if Gallery could not read GL cookies.

efarmboy

Forum User
Try this: Add the following line to classes/geeklog/UserDB.php in function getUidList(): array_push($uidList, $this->nobody->getUid()); array_push($uidList, $this->everybody->getUid()); + array_push($uidList, $this->loggedIn->getUid()); Second replace the getUserByUid() as follows: function getUserByUid($uid) { if (!$uid || !strcmp($uid, $this->nobody->getUid())) { return $this->nobody; } else if (!strcmp($uid, $this->everybody->getUid())) { return $this->everybody; - } else if (!strcmp($username, $this->loggedIn->getUid())) { + } else if (!strcmp($uid, $this->loggedIn->getUid())) { return $this->loggedIn; } $user = new Geeklog_User(); $user->loadByUid($uid); return $user; }

Anonymous

Anonymous
I did it already as I found this information on this site earlier. And theses modifications are included in the "GeeklogGalleryIntegration_V..." tar file that I used today. I don't know what to try now. I'quite sure Gallery doesn't acces the cookie from GL. It's well integrated on my site but when you click a link to a gallery album, it reverts everything exactly like if a was an anonymous user. I begin to wonder if my Geeklog installation is working properly. I just noticed something. I deleted all cookies, closed the browser and re-opended it. I went to my GL site. The first page is OK. then I logged in as Admin: in the Who's Online Block I can see that Admin is online but also 1 Guest. I logged in using another admin account. I now have 2 admin and 1 guest online ! This can't be normal . Thanks

Anonymous

Anonymous
OK I finally got it guess what it was .... In my GL config.php i defined my site url using "www.mysite.com" but in gallery I didn't put the "www" for the url, as my site is accessible both ways. But the cookies didn't have the same filename, as one of them ad the "www" and the other not. So it's fixed ! thanks

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:47 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content