Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:03 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Static frontpage permissions

EKwant

Forum User
Junior
I'd like the static frontpage to only be displayed to anonymous (ie. not logged in) users, and then when someone logs in, it displays the normal "stories" format. I tried setting this up by making the permissions of the frontpage readable only by anonymous users, but still leaving it editable by owner/group. When I try to set permissions this way, the permissions revert back to readable AND editable by the owner/group. Does anyone have another possible way to do this with the static frontpage? I'm using GL 1.3.6, along with the Static Page v1.2 plugin.

tomw

Forum User
You would have to edit the main index.php in your public_html directory. Presently it does not check for permissions in the frontpage addon in 1.3.6. It was not imagined that someone would want this. Note this would be Geeklog hackers. You never know how someone will use your hack. Allways try to follow all conventions and anticipate all eventualities. (Yeah right!) But really it would be easy to add a permissions check here. See how SEC_hasAccess is used elsewhere and hack it together. Look about line 65. When you get it working share it with us. Someone else might want to use it. Tom

T1Pimp

Forum User
Junior
I thought about this too but noticed that functionality wasn't built in. If you need help working through it or testing it let me know!---Paul 'T1Pimp' http://www.Huggybeer.com - Embrace your inner geek
Paul 'T1Pimp'
http://www.Huggybeer.com - Geek news with attitude

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:03 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content