Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 12:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Commenter - Whats their IP?

Scotsman

Forum User
When someone leaves a comment on my site, I want their IP to show up beside it. I was told it was possible, but I wonder if there was anyway someone could take 5 minutes to list exactly what files I have to edit, and what code I have to do to make this work. It’d be might appreciated, and I could toss $5 in their paypal account or something as a thank you :-) It's quite important for my site. On this note, would it also be possible to have the IP hidden from all users EXCEPT Admins?

Anonymous

Anonymous
$5 - hum.. <nope>

Anonymous

Anonymous
It was just an approximation.... Scotsman.

efarmboy

Forum User
Scottsman, A few things will be requried: Extend the gl_commments table to add a field for IP Modifiy the comment insert code to update the field Modify the display code and templates Testing and package it up with some directions Easily a few hours, I can do this for you but when do you need it by? Regards, Blaine

Anonymous

Anonymous
Ugh not logged in...well whenever you can Blaine. No worries. Perhaps you'd like to get in contact with me over e-mail and we can discuss? I actually just setn you an e-mail this morning about another problem :-) Scotsman

efarmboy

Forum User
Let me know if you still want this done, I emailed you a few days ago and did not get a reply. I have already done some work and prototyped it. Blaine

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content