Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 10:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

ToolTip Hack

acpaulley

Forum User
Junior
Can someone please point me to where the ToolTip is set when you hover over the Topic Images. (you know the ALT="xxxx" setting). I'd like the ALT text to be the Topic Name, not the Topic ID, so that it makes more sense to the users. "General News and Information" looks better and makes more sense than "GNI". Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, Geeklog (1.3.6rc1, that is) uses the topic name already. Are you confusing topic id and topic name here? The topic name is the one you'll see in the section block. The same text should also show up as a tooltip. The topic id is Geeklog's internal name for a topic and should only be visible in URLs. You'll find the code for this in function COM_article() in lib-common.php (note that it sets both a TITLE and an ALT attribute). bye, Dirk

acpaulley

Forum User
Junior
I'm pretty sure I'm not getting them mixed up. I have a Topic on my website called "General News and Information". The Topic ID, set on the Topic Editor page is set to "GNI". Whenever I hover over the Icon for that topic, the tooltip says "GNI" instead of the full name.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Ah, okay - you're using 1.3.5sr2, I assume? That version does indeed use the topic id in the ALT attribute for the topic image. 1.3.6rc1, however, uses the topic name for both the ALT and the TITLE attribute. To change that, you would have to add another SQL query in COM_article(). You could get that code from 1.3.6rc1, if needed. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content