Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 10:33 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

phpBB forum problems

nurseryboy

Forum User
Chatty
Hello,

I know it says to ask the phpBB group if there are any problems, but, you guys know a lot and have probably encountered this sometime along the way. So.. The Problem:
I just installed the phpBB plugin (ver: 1.1)for my GL (ver: 1.3.5sr2) and am having a few problems with it. The installation went fine, the tables were created, I made the config files read-only, and changed the path to lib-common.php in page_header.php. Now, when I try to access the admin section I recieve the error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare new_session() in c:wwwcwebpublic_htmlphpBBfunctions.php on line 32

And, when I try to access the phpBB index page i get the error:

An Error Occured
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
phpBB was unable to find the database on your MySQL server.
Please make sure you ran the phpBB installation script.

Why is this happening, and how do I fix this?
Thanks a lot,

Matthew

dodonpachi

Forum User
Junior
If you did, try the installation again from the start.

Follow the steps with care because It works !!!(It worked for me http://www.edusworld.com)
If you try again and have problems continue posting your doubts in this thread.
Although you'll obtain better support at GXblock.com

Anonymous

Anonymous
Ok,
I am a little confused. The plug-in that I downloaded from this site works with which version of phpBB? I already have phpBB2 installed and up and running seperate from GL. So, if it works with phpBB2, what do I need to do to get them to work with each other?
Sorry about this, I thought I knew more that I do.. lol.
Thanks for the help,

Matthew

nurseryboy

Forum User
Chatty
Sorry about that, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in. But that last message from Anon was from me.
What I want it to be able to do is when I log out of GL, it will log me out of phpBB2, and the same with logging in.
I already have it so when someone registers on my site, it creates an account in phpBB2, and made it so when the user edits their profile in GL, it will edit their phpBB2 profile also. What Im trying to say is that they're linked somewhat already. The only thing I really need is the loggining in and out functions to work.
Maybe that will clear any confusion up.
Thanks,

Matthew

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:33 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content