Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

tutorials/images

xlordt

Forum User
Junior
ok first when im adding a story i have problems tring to add a pic... now is there a plug in that i can use to creat a tutorial block... i want to add some tutorials that i have created of my own what is the best way for me to do this..?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What are your problems adding a picture to a story? Also, what do you expect from a tutorial block? What should it do, what should it contain? For example, you could simply create a "normal block" and put links to the sections of your tutorial in it (using just plain HTML). bye, Dirk

xlordt

Forum User
Junior
wel you know when your adding a story.. well at the bottom were it says browser for a pic.. well how do i add a pic there.. in order for it to be viewable...? as for tutorial i think i can creat my own php script for that nm that.. but one more thing... you know that little block all the way at the bottom were it says "supported by" well i love that block hehe now can i add that to my site... ? and how can i add the images like it is there

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
To insert images into stories, you have to insert "pseudo tags" like [image1] etc. at the place where you want the images to show up. It's actually all explained right there in the story editor ... The "supported by" block is again just a normal block with plain HTML in it. bye, Dirk

Creator

Forum User
You could also add the img tag to the list of allowable HTML in config.php and upload your own images then use the tag to call the source in the stories. (just another way of doing it that gives you a bit more flexibility with images)
L. Whitworth

xlordt

Forum User
Junior
that is not the problem the problem is that the image wont show...

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content