Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 01:04 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

lib-common.php

erimar77

Anonymous
I'm getting this error: Parse error: parse error in /home/e-smith/files/primary/html/geeklog/public_html/lib-common.php on line 2636 Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: template in /home/e-smith/files/primary/html/geeklog/public_html/lib-common.php on line 334 And don't know what to do!?! Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like your lib-common.php is corrupted (a topic that has been discussed here before and is also mentioned in the installation instructions). Typically, it's one of the following: - you used WinZIP to unpack the tarball - you used Dreamweaver to edit lib-common.php - (rarelySmile it became corrupted during the upload Start with a fresh copy of lib-common.php (use WinRAR if you've used WinZIP before), edit the file in a text editor, not an HTML editor (use Notepad if you have nothing else) and upload the file again. bye, Dirk

erimar77

Anonymous
Thanks, that really saved my butt. I've been accused of using all of those programs. Thanks again.

Creator

Forum User
In my experience, using the new Dreamweaver MX does NOT corrupt any PHP files if you have it properly configured (ie. NOT to do any autoupdates, etc.). I've done it countless times with GeekLog with no problems. :-) WinZip, however, corrupts everything. Don't use it!
L. Whitworth

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:04 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content