Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Static Front Page

jvelcro

Anonymous
Is there a way to make a page built with the static page plug in to be the content of the home page, with (or without) the blocks still on the left and right? I've looked everywhere for an answer, and can't find any mention of it. Thanks jim

isol8

Forum User
Regular Poster
do a redirect with .htaccess

Anonymous

Anonymous
I saw some postings on that, but i don't think that's what i want to do. That would redirect the user to a full html page, not necessarly a geeklog page, right? My need is to just have the sites default (home) content area to have a static page, but still have the geeklog top, left, right, and bottom blocks vs. showing the latest stories on the home page. If there is a way to do that with a redirect, please elaborate. thanks in advance.

mmsmtp

Anonymous
Dirk did answer me about this before and I did some variations too: Configure your web server to search index.html before index.php and then your index.html should contain this line only. <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://your.site.here/geeklog/public_html/staticpages/index.php?page=20020808095010920"> this should do.

isol8

Forum User
Regular Poster
that url will be different depending upon the link to his static page tho, and you could use a redirect instead of a refresh.

mmsmtp

Anonymous
ya i have forgotten to add "your static page id here", thx isol8

jvelcro

Anonymous
Thanks, that pretty much does what i want it to do. Just getting familiar with the way geeklog works.

Anonymous

Anonymous
From index.php line 63 /* * Staticpage on Frontpage Addon (Hacked together by MLimburg) * * If a staticpage with the title 'frontpage' exists, then it is shown before * the news messages. If this staticpage has the label 'nonews', then it is * shown INSTEAD of news messages. * This will only occur on the basic index.php page, and not on the $topic * pages. */

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content