Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 03:04 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

cookiedomain?

Salamander

Anonymous
so i'm unable to login to my brand-new geeklog site. i try to login as Admin (or others) and while the "who's logged in" section shows the user, my login state is not persisted and i'm dumped immediatley back to the main page. someone on the mailing list suggested that my $_CONF['site_url'] and $_CONF['cookiedomain'] might be set improperly, but i don't have a $_CONF['cookiedomain'] in my config.php - should this be there? cheers, andrew

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yeah, that cookiedomain is something left over from older versions - login should work fine without it. I saw your post on the mailing list, too. Did you try the other things Tony suggested? The two typical login problems are 1) You have $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.yourdomain.com'; but try to log in at yourdomain.com (without the "www"Wink. Please chose one of the two and use it all the time (in the site_url variable and for logging in). 2) Cookie settings in the browser. Cookies must be activated and especially in Internet Explorer 6, you need to lower your security settings a bit before it will accept the cookie. Hope that helps. bye, Dirk

kevins

Anonymous
I am having the same problem. This was working a couple of days ago. Nothing shows up in the log files. I have checked the site_url.It is not the base of the domain (ie http://www.domain.com) but it is installed as a user of the domain (ie http://www.domain.com/blog) I am putting it there initially while I customize it. I am not on the mailing list (yet) so I did not see the response to the initial question. I have also tried three seperate browsers, Netscape, Galeon and Mozilla. I have turned on cookie notification so I can see that cookies are being distributed. Any other suggestions?

Salamander

Anonymous
thanks Dirk (and Tony!) i've done all of this, to no avail, but i am using a virtual directory redirection in my webserver, e.g. hostname:8080/public_html is mapped from hostname:8896/DAV/geeklog/public_html with this in mind (even if i remove the mapping) should the $_CONF['site_url'] include the path to the public_html directory? thanks, andrew

Salamander

Anonymous
well, i've set it up so my $_CONF['site_url'] and what i'm putting in the browser is simply an ip address with no port, no folders (i've also tried with host.domain.com)... and it still fails Frown nothing shows in the error logs... my php.ini has register_globals On.... i'm out of ideas.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I find sometimes i couldnt log in after working in some files, because of whitespaces at the end, lib-common is notorious for this - Con

Salamander

Anonymous
i'm tearing my hair out on this (which is a neat trick, since i'm bald) but haven't been able to figure out what is going on. can anyone suggest how to debug what is happening at the login session level? i know that a login session is being created, since the users do get logged in, but they are being 'detached' from the browser somehow. a cookie is indeed being created in the browser too, so i'm just not sure what is going on....

Anonymous

Anonymous
One extra blank line after ?> in lib-common.php caused my problem. This little 'issue' should be in a faq somewhere. Otherwise, I love this package..

me

Anonymous
Getting rid of the blank space worked for me too, thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:04 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content