Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 02:03 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery Permissions

Anonymous

Anonymous
Is it possible to make a group of people be able to upload pics to gallery I am running the integrated Gallery/Geek. Here is what I want to do. The company I work for, I have a work picture section. If I add any new albums I will have to manually add each person there permisions. Plus if a new employee wants access I will have to go and manually add them. If it was a group, all I would have to add is the group name to the album permision. Possible?

Anonymous

Anonymous
If you make a group in Geeklog that has admin rights, they'll automatically also have rights in the integrated Gallery.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I don't want them to be able to edit stories and things like that though... All I want them to be able to do is upload photos. You can change this in the permissions in Gallery... Can I just not add a group some how and change the perms in gallery?

ken

Anonymous
Here is what I did...

Create a new group called "Photo Admin" and give it no permissions or anything, just an empty group. Then make the users you want a part of that group.

Then open up your gallery/classes/geeklog/User.php file and edit lines 43 and 59 where it has:
     $this->isAdmin = SEC_inGroup('Root', '$uid');
to
     $this->isAdmin = SEC_inGroup('Photo Admin', '$uid');

That should work for you.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I did this, but it didn't help. I would like to still assign "Everybody" to "Users who can see the album" box, but actually only allow logged-in users in geeklog to view the photo. How do I do that?

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:03 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content