Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 12:39 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Three General Questions

Scotsman

Forum User
[1] Would it be possible to have the userphoto of a registered user show up beside each of their comments when they provide comments? I just saw this on another site and it seemed really neat. [2] I love the "ten most viewed articles" etc stats section...is it possible to change the amount viewed though? Also, would it be possible to include that on say the main page, so I could have on the main page "Top 10 most popular articles" and listing them, instead of clicking a link? [3] Any way of having a list of all searches entered into the search engine? I'd love to see what my visitors search for. A newbie to Geeklog, but it is a fantastic system. Love it :-)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
[1] Anything is possible - if you implement it :-) Currently, this is not implemented in Geeklog ... [2] The amount for the "Top Ten" statistics is hard-coded in stats.php. It should be easy to change that if you so desire (look for the "LIMIT 10" part in the MySQL requests). Also, it should be fairly easy to lift some of that code and make a block from it. [3] Searches are currently not part of the statistics (so that would be an interesting addition - submit that as a feature request). However, if you have access to the logfiles of your webserver, you could use a tool such as Analog (www.analog.cx) to get the information from there. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:39 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content