Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 09:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Object Not Found 404

Mynix

Anonymous
Ok I have a new problem.. If anyone would like to help me it would be MUCHHHHH Appreciated .. *sigh* I been looking through the help files all morning since at least 6 am.. I found somethings sim/but not really that close inature to my exact problem..... NOW to my problem at hand... Ok after I got through the set up ... I got an Error: Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster All tables have been created in the database.. So I go to the index.php of both the admin and the home page...... NO images files will show up on these pages only text ( an nice little image boxes where the images should be...). I went to my apache error log file and this is what I saw: File does not exist: C:/ApacheGroup/Apache2/htdocs/layout, referer: http://www.nesteggstudios.d2g.com/geeklog1/public_html/index.php I went back to the tow index.php's.... If I click on a link or try to log in I get: Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster Error 404 I went to my apache error log file and this is what I saw: File does not exist: C:/ApacheGroup/Apache2/htdocs/users.php, referer: http://www.nesteggstudios.d2g.com/geeklog1/public_html/index.php ok so I go back to my Config File to make sure the settings are right. $_CONF['path'] = 'C:/ApacheGroup/Apache2/htdocs/geeklog1/'; $_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'system/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/'; $_CONF['path_log'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'logs/'; $_CONF['path_language'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'language/'; $_CONF['rdf_file'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'backend/geeklog.rdf'; $_CONF['backup_path'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'backups/'; $_CONF['site_name'] = 'Nest Egg Studios Community'; $_CONF['site_slogan'] = 'Getting Adults Back Into The Game'; $_CONF['site_mail'] = 'nestegg@adelphia.net'; $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.nesteggstudios.d2g.com'; $_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/admin'; $_CONF['theme'] = 'XSilver'; // default theme $_CONF['layout_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/layout/' . $_CONF['theme']; $_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/'; $_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'/'; $_CONF['allow_user_themes'] = 1; The lib-common Config path is : require_once('C:/ApacheGroup/Apache2/htdocs/geeklog1/config.php'); So I am not sure what the problem is now.. Sigh.. Any help would be Appreciated.. thank you Mynix

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This is almost certainly just a path problem. From the setup you posted, it's not entirely clear what you want, but I assume you want Geeklog to reside under the URL http://www.nesteggstudios.d2g.com If that is the case, you need to set up $_CONF['path_html'] so that it points to the directory where lib-common.php and index.php are. Depending on your setup, you may also want to move the contents of the public_html directory to your htdocs folder. Hope that helps. And if it doesn't, come into IRC (irc.openprojects.net, channel #geeklog) where problems like this are easier to solve than via the website ... bye, Dirk

Mynix

Anonymous
I am not sure what I am suppoused to..exactly, how do i get to the IRC room..I have MIRC but I not an avid user .. Thanks Smile

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Now, I don't know mIRC, but on their homepage, there is a nice installation guide which also explains how to connect to IRC.

Just tell it to connect to the server irc.openprojects.net and once you're connected type /join #geeklog

bye, Dirk

Mynix

Anonymous
Thanks Hun, I am logged in there now. Smile

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content