Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 03:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fatal installation error

rgreen

Anonymous
Here is one I haven't seen in the posts: I am installing 1.3.5 on my virtual server (apache, php 4.0b2, MySql 3.22.14b) and I set up the files as instructed (I used Linux to untar them instead of Winzip). When I go to the install.php I enter the path and click next, it tells me "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: require_once() in /htdocs/glog/public_html/admin/install/install.php on line 289". Any ideas? Could it be the version of php?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

To quote from the PHP manual:

Note: require_once() was added in PHP 4.0.1pl2

So if you're really running PHP 4.0 - that's far too old. There are several good reasons to upgrade to at least PHP 4.1.2 (security problems being one) - the current version is 4.2.1.

And while you're at it, you should upgrade MySQL as well, since there are some issues with Geeklog and MySQL 3.22.

bye, Dirk

rgreen

Anonymous
There is a problem with that... I am basically renting space on a virtual server (Interland) and they have their own way of doing things (All this stuff is provided by them). I will ask them if they can upgrade their software. Thanks for the info.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

I can't believe any hosting service worth their money is still running old stuff like that ...

Regarding PHP, you should point them to this security problem in PHP versions prior to 4.1.2. Any hosting service still running older versions is risking the data of their customer's sites and might even be held liable if a site got hacked because of that.

If they don't want to upgrade MySQL then do a search here for problems and workarounds. I believe Geeklog can be made to work with MySQL 3.22, but it won't work "out of the box".

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content