Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 04:27 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Db woes.

mol

Anonymous
Installation was a breeze folks, but I have this on my main page. I have tried installing three times now with the same results. Anyone have any ideas? Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/geek/lib-common.php on line 741 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/geek/lib-common.php on line 742 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/geek/lib-common.php on line 743

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

These errors refer to the writing of the RDF file. Please make sure that you chmod'ded both the backend directory and the geeklog.rdf file in that directory as explained in the installation instructions.

bye, Dirk

isol8

Forum User
Regular Poster
Had a similar problem, but it only occured when I posted a story. If there wasn't a story in the system, it wouldn' t be there. And even after chmod'ing all the way to 777, the error remained. So I turned off the error reporting function in i think it was lib-common. Coulda been config.php, can't really remember. But everything on my site works fine, but I would try Dirk's suggestion first.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Every time you write a new story, the RDF file is updated. So if you haven't chmod'ded it properly, you would get that error. Of course, if you don't want to export your news headlines anyway, you could also switch off the RDF file altogether in config.php: $_CONF['backend'] = 0; bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:27 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content