Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 02:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Moving Location of Geeklog Pages

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello all, I initially installed Geeklog in the home/public_html subdirectory of my webroot, and have spent a lot of time building the site and static pages. Before going live with the site, I'd like to move the pages so that people can go to www.mysite.com/index.php and see the main page. But I'm not sure how to move things around without breaking anything. Could anyone help with what configuration changes would be necessary? Thanks! -Ryan

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

As long as you did not enter any stories yet, you simply need to adjust the paths again, just as you did for the first install.

If you did enter stories, you would need to adjust some URLs that Geeklog stores in the database (for the "What's related" links). The amount of work for that depends on how many stories you have ...

bye, Dirk

jlhughes

Forum User
If you don't want to actually move the site, you can create a simple redirect PHP page. Save this as index.php in your Web root (after changing the location info) <? header("Location:http://yourwebsite.com/path/to/public_html"Wink; exit; ?> The downsides: 1) delay added by the redirect command; 2) URL displayed at top of page reveals structure or site.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content