Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 03:53 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Run SQL

Roman

Anonymous
I'm trying to install the weather plug-in and it says: Run the SQL script: weather-sql.sql How do I run the script? Yeah I know it's amazing that I actually got my site up and running. Smile

squatty

Forum User
In my opinion, this is a must have tool for anyone running MySQL and PHP....You can download the code here. I've even got a hack for integrating phpmyadmin with Geeklogs security ;-) (not ready for publishing yet....).

Once you have phpmyadmin up and running, simply copy and paste the SQL code into the "Run SQL query/queries on database" text box and click GO!

The alternative approach is to use MySQL command line.

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
try this with mysql from command line: #>mysql -u<username> -p<password> <database_name> < <sqlfilename>.sql If you have questions, do "man mysql"
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks! I'm running phpmyadmin on my server now. I ran the weathersql.sql, but at first it didn't work. I had to change two lines in the sql to gl_userprefs...it was looking for just userprefs. I have the block on the page now, but when I hit edit or details, I get the following message: 1146: Table 'tribalx_geeklog.userindex' doesn't exist I also get the following additional errors on details: Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of fsockopen(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php on line 108 Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of fsockopen(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php on line 108 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php:108) in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/system/lib-sessions.php on line 263 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php:108) in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/system/lib-sessions.php on line 150 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php:108) in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/system/lib-sessions.php on line 162 Any ideas?

Roman

Anonymous
well I got it working except for the following messages on the top of the details page.... Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of fsockopen(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php on line 108 Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of fsockopen(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php on line 108 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php:108) in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/system/lib-sessions.php on line 263 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php:108) in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/system/lib-sessions.php on line 150 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/public_html/weather/weather_details.php:108) in /home/tribalx/public_html/geeklog/system/lib-sessions.php on line 162

squatty

Forum User
Good to hear you've made it this far.... As for your question: The warnings are being thrown by your PHP interrupter. By default, PHP will display all messages to a client's browser. In a production environment you should modify the default PHP logging to ERROR only. To do this edit your php.ini file as follows: Set error_reporting to E_ERROR, the line should look like this: error_reporting = E_ERROR
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:53 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content