Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 17 2024 @ 10:34 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installation Script extravaganza

gmaffia

Anonymous
Hi: I'm having a little problem with the installation script of gl 1.3.5. Actually, after asking the path for geeklog in the step 1, I hit the next button and get to the step 1 again. I know I'm using the right path (/var/www/htdocs/geeklog). I think the rights are correctly set.. Does this script write any file at all?...Is my database wrongly configured (I have created the database geeklog). The user to connect to the database is still root...when I get it to work, I will surely change it... Thanks a lot Gabriel.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

It sounds like you have register_globals=off in your php.ini file. Change that to on and the install should work.

bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Sorry..but I'm not much of a php ninja myself...(well..not even a newbie). I'm actually using php 4.2.1, and I can't seem to find a php.ini where it should oftenly be (that would be /usr/local/lib/php/php.ini or something). Should I just paste some php.ini file from somewhere else? Thanks a LOT! Gabriel

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Create a file, let's call it test.php, which contains just this one line:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

Upload it and load it into your browser. It will give you the path to your php.ini file. In my case, it says:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /usr/local/lib/php.ini

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:34 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content