Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 06:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Undesired parsing

bduke

Anonymous
I just installed geeklog 1.3.5 (first time user). I added a static page (via the static page plugin) and everything seemed ok. I saved the page and it displayed exactly how I wanted.

When I viewed the HTML source, however, I noticed that the URLs in the anchor tags were passed through the text parser so:

HREF="test/documents/foo.html"

was changed to this:

HREF="test/do*censored*ents/foo.html"

One immediate fix would be to add spaces around the words in the censored list defined in config.php (or just disable censoring). This would be a temporary fix.

The parser shouldn't try to censor words within words (or you end up with something like the above). In addition, it would probably be a good idea to have the parser ignore text that is not displayed.

But that's not all!

When I try to go back and edit the static page, the text is mangled once again.

$686.00-> 6.00
$100 -> 0

Note that the static page has the correct values when it is displayed. So, something happens after the admin presses the edit button. The "$" are not being escaped properly.

When I previewed this story, the parser performed the same substitutions on the expressions. But, when I used HTML Formatted Post Mode the "$" were parsed correctly. So, the problem is limited to Plain Text Mode.

If this is something I missed in the archives I apologize, but I couldn't find anyone else with this problem.

Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

There have been some complaints about the censoring function lately, but I wasn't aware that it also tried to censor URLs. That is certainly wrong.

The $ is another common problem and is being addressed currently (i.e. will be fixed with the next release).

bye, Dirk

dreamscape

Forum User
Junior
The censoring code is rather dumb, and treats all text the same. It simply loops through a list of "censorable" words, and if it finds them, depending on your configuration, it will replace that word with *censored*. Hopefully with the advent of GLML we'll be able to do a little more accurate censoring (assuming you want to censor content).

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content