Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 06:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Instal/ MYSQL Data Base Set-up

dappadon

Anonymous
I'm new at this...I followed all of the installation directions, but when I tried to instal "mysql_tableanddata.php" using phpMyAdmin it came up with this error...& i have no clue of what i should do or what that even means...could some one please help. <?php $_SQL[1] = " CREATE TABLE ( acc_ft_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', acc_grp_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (acc_ft_id,acc_grp_id) ) TYPE=MyISAM " MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '<?php $_SQL[1] = " CREATE TABLE ( acc_ft_id mediumin' at line 1

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

I assume you were trying to follow the instructions in INSTALL.HTML. Please ignore this file, it is out of date. Follow the instructions in the plain ASCII file named INSTALL instead. Specifically, you don't need to do anything with the mysql_tableanddata.php file - the install script will handle that for you.

bye, Dirk

gene_wood

Forum User
This may seem obvious, but the reason you're getting this error is that your passing php code to mysql as sql code. MySQL is expecting "CREATE TABLE ( acc_ft_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', acc_grp_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (acc_ft_id,acc_grp_id) ) TYPE=MyISA " Your sending "<?php $_SQL[1] = " CREATE TABLE ( acc_ft_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', acc_grp_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (acc_ft_id,acc_grp_id) ) TYPE=MyISAM " "

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content