Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 12:47 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

GeekLog and messageboards...

mamosley

Anonymous
Hey fellow 'loggers... Does anybody know of a message board package, like phpbb, mercury board or such that is easy to integrate into geeklog and is easy to hack to use geeklog's user info? I have tried the phpbb hack 4 different times now, and it always breaks when it comes to importing the user's from geeklog. I get the error message instructing me to adjust the value of the user name to start the import at, but that doesn't fix the problem. If anybody knows of a message board that is easy to integrate/can share user info with geeklog, let me know. It doesn't have to be a feature laden board, multiple forums, smilies, and pm's is about all I am really looking for. Here is a link to my current geeklog install, with gallery added to it. (you have to be logged in to see the gallery, but you can see the random picture block on the home page) http://www.dal-us.net

knuckles

Forum User
Chatty
My suggestion would be to contact Rob Griffiths at macosxhints.com, he uses vBulletin for his forums and I believe he may have an answer for you which you can adapt for phpbb. With over 10,000 members I doubt he went and asked them to re-register for forums access! Smile

MLimburg

Forum User
Chatty
I've done a fair bit of work on phpBB2 (okay, i've hacked the hell out of it and back), and can say that it won't slip into GL easily. I think it would be possible, but I'd need to get up to speed on GL plugins and security before it would be possible. My prefered option is a native one. We already have a comment system, so there is no reason why this can't be expanded upon to become a forum. A few developers (Tony, Dreamscape, myself and more) have looked at making a 'forums' frontend to the Topics system. If we added threaded 'topics' then there is a huge amount of things that are possible. Food for thought.
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It'd be great if you guys could do that, I've been looking for ways to integrate forums into my site but I'm just a beginner so I wouldn't know the first thing about intergrating anything.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:47 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content