Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 03:09 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Admin login

Anonymous

Anonymous
Sorry that I have to post another question. I installed geeklog and everything seems to work fine, except one thing: I cannot login as admin. How do I do that? I took the username 'Admin' from the table 'gl_users' and the password from 'passwd', but it didn't work. I then changed the pass manually (in phpMyAdmin) to a shorter one, but still can't login. Maybe I'm just too stupid but it would be nice if someone can help me on this one.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

After you have successfully set up your Geeklog site, there is a new story on the front page that explains how to log in as admin. There is no need to mess around in the database ...

For the record: The default admin account is Username: Admin and Password: password.

Since you have now changed that default password in the database, you may want to read this story. Hope that helps.

bye, Dirk

anuenue

Forum User
Junior
I am having the same problems. I have two installations of GeekLog on two different machines, both running Win2K. On the first server the only way I can login is to set the URL to http://localhost/admin/. Then I have to login twice before GeekLog recognizes me as the admin. On the second server, I cannot login as Admin no matter what I do. The password has not been changed and trying to login from the admin directory doesn't work either. Is there something I can turn on to see what the cause of the problem is?

rb44

Forum User
Quote by: Dirk

<p>After you have successfully set up your Geeklog site, there is a new story on the front page that explains how to log in as admin. There is no need to mess around in the database ...
<p>For the record: The default admin account is Username: <b>Admin</b> and Password: <b>password</b>.
<p>Since you have now changed that default password in the database, you may want to read <a href="http://www.geeklog.net/article.php?story=2002010207002453">this story</a>. Hope that helps.
<p>bye, Dirk

The story has changed from this time and date so it's not coming up. I'm trying to find posts about my particular login problem but it's slow and tedious work. I tried typing in search for admin login redirecting to index.php but that's too many words apparently. I'm trying to help you avoid having to answer my question.
I don't know what I could have done to change anything. But all of a sudden I'm not able to get to my admin panel. Also, not being able to see anything in design view in dreamweaver, I would like to be able to change a few things in the style sheet and make it look better but haven't been able to figure out how to go about it. It would be nice to have more turorials that non geeks can understand.
Becky

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:09 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content