Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:12 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Stuck at install...

krove

Forum User
Junior
I hate to add another install problems topic, but I can't figure what's going on when I attempt to install. Here's what I get on admin/install/install.php: Notice: Use of undefined constant LB - assumed 'LB' in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\geeklog\admin\install\install.php on line 39 Notice: Undefined variable: action in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\geeklog\admin\install\install.php on line 279 Notice: Undefined variable: page in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\geeklog\admin\install\install.php on line 288 Notice: Undefined variable: page in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\geeklog\admin\install\install.php on line 296 Ideas?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

The LB constant is defined in config.php, so I would suggest you double-check your paths.

bye, Dirk

krove

Forum User
Junior
I've set this up undex OS X before, so PHP and MySQL under windows is a bit new. As for the paths, is there a difference between: c:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\geeklog\\admin\\install\\install.php and c:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\geeklog\\admin\\install\\install.php ??? The second one is the correctly named path (with the capitalized Inetpub). Other than that, I see no problems. Kyle

krove

Forum User
Junior
Bug? When I previewed the above post, none of the '\' were showing, so I assumed I had to double them up. (There's a certain word for using a '\' to allow certain characters: What's that called? For the life of me I can't remember). Kyle

krove

Forum User
Junior
I found this in config.php: define('LB',"\n"Wink; but in install.php, it looks like this: define(LB,"\n"Wink; I've just started dabbling with PHP, so I'm no expert...what's the difference?

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hi! The backslash is to devalue the following character - so you can use the quotation mark inside a string. You also need to devalue the backslash. It's call an escape-char. -flomi

krove

Forum User
Junior
I understand the escape character, but the point I was making was that the preview function doesn't do anything more than remove backslashes and display excactly what you typed (i.e. the preview function doesn't parse the html tags and display them). So what's the point if it doesn't actually preview?

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:12 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content