Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 12:58 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

geeklog and gallery

Page navigation

efarmboy

Forum User
Well I'm glad you have it working but I must say, you could have saved me a lot of time if you had read the postings and the instructions more clearly. You have Gallery 1.2.5 installed, this posting is for Gallery 1.3 - not 1.2.5. The whole theme of this thread and the help was around resolving the differences with 1.3. Gallery version 1.2.5 has been around for many months is the integrated with many GL sites. The ZIP file contains several notes in the README and in the code that specifically that NOTE changes that are for Gallery 1.3 only. We all want to help but do ask folks ensure they have read the DOC's and gee - at least the postings in the thread.. Don't take this the wrong way, I want to help but it was fustrating to find I wasted my time. Please be more clear in the future.. GO LEAFS!!

gotroot801

Forum User
Junior
I didn't make myself clear in my "it's working" post. I had initially started with 1.3. After tearing my hair out with that (and, as much as you had helped, I still couldn't get it to work), I jumped back to trying to get 1.2.5 integrated over the weekend. I still had trouble (and, yes, I used the appropriate ZIP file), but with some of the definition changes that you suggested for the 1.3 integration (I know next to nothing about PHP), I was able to get 1.2.5 working with GL. Now that I (hopefully) have a better understanding of what needs to be done, I'll go back and try 1.3RC3 (on a different site - I'm not going to tinker with this one unless it breaks.) Sorry that you feel you've wasted your time, but I don't think you have.

efarmboy

Forum User
Thanks for clarifying and excuse my RANT - It was easy to assume there was a disconnect with no further info.

mamosley

Anonymous
I cannot get to the download of your zipfiles.

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:58 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content